Dr. Koen De Smet
ANCA BVBA, Dr. Koen De Smet
- Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon.
- Staff member Anca Clinic AZJ an Palfijn Hospital of Ghent.
- Ex-staff member University Hospital of Ghent.
- Director ANCA-Clinic Ghent (Belgium), Roma (Italy), Johannesburg (South-Africa).
- Primary and Revision hip surgery, takes on the most difficult cases in Primary and Revision Hip Surgery
- Ceramic on Ceramic Resurfacing ReCerf prosthesis (only Johannesburg)
- BVOT Belgische Vereniging voor Orthopedie en Traumatologie.
- BVOT Hip Group.
- BOTA Belgian Orthopedic Trauma Association.
- AAOS American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons®.
- EHS European Hip Society.
- ISTA International Science and Technology in Arthroplasty.
- AIOD Belgium, member and guest expert.
- ACTA Orthopaedica Belgica, member of editorial board.
- Orthopedic Staff Member of the General Hospital "Jan Palfijn" at Ghent.
- Member of scientific committee and co-organizer of the sixt Bota symposium at Ghent September 13, 1997.
- Member of International Scientific Committee CREMASCOLI PROSTHESIS GROUP 1997–1998, 1998–1999, 1999–2000, 2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2017-2019, development of new Revision cup.
- Coordinator of the Belgium Metasul and Study Group 2000-2001.
- Consultant to Wright Medical Company 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004
- AAOS member 2004-2019
- Member of scientific panel and Consultant Wright Medical Company 2004-2018
- Member of scientific panel Mathortho, new Ceramic on Ceramic prosthesis ReCerf.