Ready to jump in? Follow these easy steps to start connecting with the resources you need to return to a healthy and active life.
1. Begin to educate yourself about resurfacing vs. Total Hip
- Watch the video (1.5 mins.)
- Read Why Resurfacing ?
- Read articles on Resurfacing vs. Total Hip Replacement
- Read why Surgeon Selection is the single most important factor in your decision process
2. Find out if you are a candidate for resurfacing
- Pick a local doctor from the list and make an appointment
- Ask the surgeon all the right questions
- Get a digital copy of your x-ray
- Get a second, even third opinion from a top surgeon (that has done at least 500 hip resurfacings IMO) if you are told you are not a candidate (Contact Us if you need help with this)
3. Start researching your surgery options
- Read When is the Right Time to have Surgery ?
- Read Selecting the Right Surgeon for You
- Read Staying Close to Home Might be a Mistake
- Read Why I Recommend the Surgeons that I Do
- Consult other surface hippies and read personal stories
Contact Us if you need help with this