Dr. Bose Travel Information
Preparing for Overseas Travel
The facility where I work is known as AJRI – Asian Joint Reconstruction Institute in Chennai, India and this hospital is as good as any other facility in any part of the world. It is a premier tertiary referral Centre for all joint reconstructive procedures from all over the world. The hospital has an excellent international patient's division which would help you with your requirements. Complimentary pick -up at the Chennai airport is always arranged by the hospital for all International patients. We have a custom-built ward for overseas hip surgery patients.
All further details are available in the website. www.hipresurfacingindia.com. You can find many of our patients featured here illustrating the level of activity that is feasible with a BHR.
The cost of the Hip Resurfacing surgery (BHR) package in Chennai, India at Asian Joint Reconstruction Institute would be a 'package rate' of 8850. US $ This is an all-inclusive rate and includes the following. (For conversion rate to other currencies please use the website http://www.xe.com/ucc/). The conversion rate on the day of admission would apply.
The packaged rate would include the following:
- Pre op consultation with surgeon, cardiologist & anesthesiologist
- Hip resurfacing implant. (The BHR manufactured by smith& nephew is the implant that is used.)
- Single private ‘Raffles’ suite with attached toilet/ bath, TV, free wi- fi etc. One accompanying person can stay in the suite along with the patient and a couch is provided for the same.
- All professional charges for the consultant, Surgical assistant, Anesthesiologist, & cardiologist
- All pre-op investigations (Surgipak) which includes ECG, Echocardiogram, Liver, Renal & Clotting profiles.
- All Dietary charges for the patient
- Physiotherapy & Rehab charges
- Pre & Post op Radiology charges.
- All Nursing charges and recovery room charges,
- All medicines and disposables
- Operation room charges and an aesthesia disposable
There are no additional costs for routine hospital stay apart from personal usages like telephone, laundry etc.
Payment can be made at admission by Cash, wire transfer, or by credit card. Personal checks & travelers' checks are not accepted. U.S dollars or Euros are the accepted currencies.
The hospital arranges for the patient to stay in a seaside resort close to Chennai before flying back. We recommend the Fisherman’s cove or the Ideal beach Resort. The cost for this would be extra. The resorts have facilities for Ayurveda -traditional Indian therapies which are known to rejuvenate the mind and body. Patients are expected to continue the same physiotherapy program initiated in the hospital. A customized instruction sheet would be given for this purpose. Patients will be reviewed in the hospital a final time before they take the flight back.
A total of 10 full days gap (Hospital Resort) from surgery is advised (mandatory) before taking a long -haul international flight.
The person to contact regarding travel arrangements like airport pickup and resort bookings is Mr. Mohan Kumar, whose e-mail id is firstname.lastname@example.org. He is the International patient co-coordinator. kindly post a copy of any e-mail to me so that i keep a track of things as well.
The Indian govt has now made it easy for patients to travel to India for a short stay medical visit like this surgery. You can use this facility or apply for a med visa online. Please note that this is not a visa on arrival, and you will have to upload your passport details etc. to secure this e med -visa.